After a busy few weeks of announcing my tour and seasoning blends, I am back to give you a new recipe! Before we jump in though – did you know that I am going on tour in September through the United States?! Each night will be filled with food, fun, and friends, and I hope you can make it out!
I have been in the kitchen testing new recipes and decided to make a gluten-free Jamaican-style rasta pasta that calls for a sweet chili sauce (and BONUS! I got a chance to use my Caribbean seasoning for the Jerk seasoning that was called for!)
Sweet Chili Sauce is typically used in Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and other Eastern and Western cuisines. The sauce is known for having an impeccable balance of sweet & savory with a hint of tang, but most store-bought bottles use ingredients like MSG, food coloring, sugar & preservatives. I was determined to create a paleo-friendly Sweet Chili Sauce using only natural ingredients. This version doesn’t have that signature fluorescent red hue, but it is bursting with robust flavors and makes for a delicious marinade, stir fry, or dipping sauce.
This recipe for Sweet Chili Sauce is sweetened with honey, and coconut sugar and then mixed with tangy fish sauce and ginger. Customize this sauce to your taste by adding as much or as little spice as you want with red chili flakes. It only takes about 10 minutes to make, so it is a quick and flavorful recipe to make when you need to whip something up in a hurry. You can utilize this sauce in various dishes, plus you can make it ahead and store it in your refrigerator for up to 1 month!
What to make with it:
There are so many dishes you can make with this delectable sauce. Below are some of my top suggestions!
- Marinate chicken and add peppers for a quick and tasty dinner.
- Add a splash of vinegar or lemon juice to it and use it as a salad dressing
- Pour on top of your favorite chicken, beef or pork stir frys
- A dipping sauce for grilled shrimp for appetizers
- Drizzle over almonds or your favorite nuts for a flavorful snack or to add to salads
- If you tolerate dairy- add it to your next cheese board for your guest to dip in
- Pour over fish like salmon or halibut and serve with mixed veggies, cauliflower rice or white rice
- Chicken wings for your next game day
- Replace hot sauce
- Add to your potato salad for a tangy twist
More Sauce Recipes:
If you are looking for more sauce and dressing recipes, below are some of my favorites from the blog!
Want more Whole30-compliant recipes and inspiration?
Shop this Recipe!Print
Paleo Sweet Chili Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Place the water, vinegar, honey, coconut sugar, fish sauce, ginger, chili flakes, and garlic in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, frequently stirring until the coconut sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the arrowroot mixture and continue boiling and stirring, until thickened, about 45 seconds. Let the sauce cool and store in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to 1 month.
Keywords: Sauce, Danielle Walker, paleo, chili, against all grain, easy, dinner, lunch