What I love about this Warm Brussels Sprouts-Spinach Salad is the combination of seasonal vegetables with crispy, salty bacon, the tartness of the cranberries, and the sweetness of the Maple Dijon Vinaigrette that ties it all together and balances it all out.
It’s a beautiful salad to bring to Thanksgiving dinners or any special event. The dressing is from Healthy in a Hurry, and it has become my all-time favorite dressing. I often make it in a double or triple batch. It has a timeless taste that works well in any season and seems to taste amazing on just about anything I’ve tried it on!
This unique and flavorful vinaigrette is lightly sweetened with maple syrup that is mixed with the warm spices of coriander, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, and honey dijon mustard. You can add this dressing to any salad to add a flavorful boost.
Photo credit: Ashley Lima
I hope you love this Autumn Salad. Here are some of my other favorite Fall recipes:
Roasted Acorn Squash Salad with Spice Maple-Cider Vinaigrette
Short Rib Pasta with Butternut and Arugula
Curried Cauliflower Salad with Mango Tahini Dressing
Shop This RecipePrint
Warm Brussels Sprouts-Spinach Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
- 4 ounces thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and shaved
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tart apples, cored and diced, peels on
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ¼ cup apple juice sweetened dried cherries or cranberries, unsulfured
- ⅓ cup Gorgonzola cheese, or crumbled dairy-free feta cheese such as Violife
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons Maple-Dijon Vinaigrette
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving the drippings in the pan.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and apples and sauté until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach.
- Transfer vegetables to a salad bowl or platter and top with the cranberries, Gorgonzola, pecans, and vinaigrette. Serve warm.
Keywords: Salad, lunch, dinner, fall, Danielle Walker, seasonal, autumn, vegetarian