This Grain-Free, 7-Layer Taco Dip is a gluten-free rendition of a childhood staple. I grew up always being tasked to make and bring this Tex-Mex layered dip to all of the football game parties in our neighborhood. It’s typically made with layers of refried beans and sour cream but this paleo version packs all of the flavors without the grains & dairy! It’s an easy party snack to make in advance, and it almost gets better with time in the fridge!
I created this version to work better for my dietary constrictions and my whole family loves it! For the beans, I either use my veggie-based remake from Eat What You Love, or Siete brand refried black beans. Instead of sour cream, I mix up a little dairy-free yogurt and dairy-free cream cheese with my Healthy in a Hurry Taco Seasoning.
I tolerate sheep’s milk cheese, so that is what I shred on top (Lambchopper by Cypress Grove is the BEST), but you can use your favorite dairy-free cheese for this as well.
I like my taco seasoning on the mild side and I created my own version that has just the right amount of kick while being free from additives and anti-caking agents. If you’d like to make it yourself from scratch, I have the full recipe in my new Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook. But if you’d like the convenience of ready-made, you can buy my signature Taco Seasoning as part of my Danielle’s Favorites Trio. It’s organic and Whole30 approved.
I hope you enjoy this Grain Free, 7-Layer Taco Dip! Here are some of my favorite recipes which my Taco Seasoning would pair perfectly with:
View this post on Instagram
Shop This RecipePrint
Grain Free 7 Layer Taco Dip
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 Servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño, seeded
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container dairy-free cream cheese
- ¼ cup dairy-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Healthy in a Hurry Mild Taco Seasoning *
- 1 (16 ounce) can Siete refried black beans (or see my bean-free refried beans recipe in Eat What You Love)
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese of choice (I use a hard sheep’s milk cheese, but a raw cheddar, or a dairy-free shredded cheese would work well too)
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- Mash the guacamole with the lime juice, cilantro, and jalapeño. Season with salt.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, yogurt, and taco seasoning
- On a shallow platter, or 9×13 casserole dish, spread the refried beans. Top the beans with an even layer of the cream cheese mixture. Spread on guacamole. Top with tomatoes, bell peppers, cheese, and black olives.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to chill.
- Serve with grain-free tortilla chips, taro chips, or plantain chips.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate this dip for up to 7 days.
Keywords: snack, healthy in a hurry, Danielle Walker, against all grain, paleo, whole30 approved, seasoning blends, gluten free, grain free, lunch