• coconut oil, for greasing the pan
• 2 pounds strawberries, stemmed and halved
• 1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1⁄4 cup coconut crystals or honey*
• 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
• 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder*
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1⁄2 cup blanched almond flour
• 1 1⁄2 cups raw pecans
• 6 small dates, pitted
• 1 tablespoon coconut crystals or honey*
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 tablespoons solid ghee or coconut oil
• 1⁄4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
* For SCD, use honey and substitute coconut flour for the arrowroot powder.
The crisp topping can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator, tightly wrapped, for up to 5 days.
When rhubarb is out of season, substitute an equal amount of peeled tart apples.
Keywords: breakfast, dessert, grain free, gluten free, paleo, danielle walker, against all grain, dairy free, scd friendly